About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Plodding Along

Scripture Reading: Bemidbar (Numbers) 18:14-20:29

Num 19:2 "This is a law of the Torah which יהוה has commanded, saying, ‘Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, that they bring you a red heifer, a perfect one, in which there is no blemish and on which a yoke has never come.


Pinwheel Sweater: I'm up to round 96 now and starting the third skein of yarn. Now I've reached what is probably going to be the hardest part to get through--just round and round and round until it gets to the crochet border. Before, I was able to look forward to getting to the sleeve openings, but now it's just going to be going round and round a bigger and bigger circle with nothing different to do until the border. This will take some stick-to-it-tive-ness, which will be difficult for me, especially once the yarn I ordered for Jeanie ( http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTjeanie.html ) arrives. I am so anxious to start that! Not to mention I have other things I need to go back to and finish. Speaking of Jeanie, there are 36 people on Ravelry with this already on the needles, and it is in over 1200 queues, so a very popular pattern, and I'll have plenty of company when I do get started on it.







JourneyMan: I heard that this series may not return after the episode that is supposed to air tomorrow night, and I'm so disappointed. We've really enjoyed it--even the kids look forward to it. Maybe it didn't get enough viewers because they waited too many episodes to divulge clues as to the hows and whys of what is happening to Dan and Livia. Last night's episode was great and made a very good point--each of our children (and each of us!) could only have come into existence at the exact moment that they/we did. Even a slight change in timing or circumstance, and another sperm could have gotten to the egg first, thus resulting in a completely different person. When we really think about this, it underscores how unique and special every human being is.


Clash Of The Choirs: Patty LaBelle's choir outdid the others by leaps and bounds, so it doesn't look like there's going to be much suspense each week unless the other choirs quickly rise up to that level. I wish they would pick more choir-like songs--songs with multiple parts--to take advantage of all the voices and ranges. That's the whole thrill of listening to a choir, I think. There were parts during Patty LaBelle's choir's performance where I was reminded of some of Acappella's songs, so that is great praise indeed!




Sickies: There's some kind of stomach bug going around the family, so we're all kind of out of it and not too enthusiastic about cooking or eating. I sure hope this bug leaves us alone soon!

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design