About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, December 17, 2007

Great Finale

Scripture Reading: Bemidbar (Numbers) 16:1-18:13

Num 16:47 And Aharon took it as Mosheh commanded, and ran into the midst of the assembly, and saw that the plague had begun among the people. And he laid on the incense and made atonement for the people,
Num 16:48 and stood between the dead and the living. And the plague was stopped.










Pinwheel Sweater: I'm three rounds past the break for the sleeves and the provisional cast-on, and those provisional cast-on stitches are getting a little more comfortable to work with. At first, they seemed very loose and vulnerable like the whole construct might fall apart, but it's starting to blend in better with the knitting on either side of those sections. Plus it feels more solid when I'm knitting those sections now.




Sewing: I didn't get much knitting done last night because my husband finally shamed me into doing some sewing for him. (I was originally going to mend my 12-year-old son's pants, but that's a whole 'nother story that will require my taking a picture of said pants for the story to be believed, so I'll get into that later.) In the meantime, I'll tell the story of my husband's requested sewing job. I had managed to get some nice T-shirt type tallitot katan for him on eBay at a good price a while back. But he hasn't liked them, saying they're too long, and he wanted them shortened. I had been procrastinating doing this because I am not proficient at sewing stretchy things, especially by hand, and especially trying to hem stretchy things by hand. I started on the first one by tacking the front and the back at each side, but then there was sagging in the middle, so I tacked the middles. It looks pretty lame. Then I had to make four new buttonholes for the tzitziyot at the newly created 'corners'. Thank goodness it's an undergarment, and the lame look of my alterations won't show when he wears it. I thought my buttonholes came out pretty good, though, considering how bad my eyesight is. (But then again, maybe it's my bad eyesight that is helping them to look good to me?) I'm thinking for the next one that I'll try tucking under the excess (instead of folding it under like a hem), by which means I can preserve the original tzitzit holes at the bottom, though that will mean sewing through three thicknesses on each side instead of two. Maybe this will help with the middle sagging, too. At least it's worth a try in order to avoid making new tzitzit holes.


Survivor: A perfect example of Who Cares Who Wins? Back-stabbers, liars, snobs. Even Denise, who was looked down upon by the last 3 standing, was too whiney about her situation, apparently feeling like she deserved something because of her circumstances, which was apparently correct since the the producer Mark Burnett ended up giving her $50,000 because of her sob story. It is interesting to note, however, that according to a press release by her employer ( http://www.douglas.k12.ma.us/ ), she was NOT demoted to janitor upon her return from participating in Survivor as she stated on the finale show last night. According to the Douglas Public School District, she in fact requested and was granted a promotion to full-time custodian BEFORE her participation in the Survivor show and was returned to the SAME position when she returned from the show. Who's the liar now, Denise?


Dexter: EXCELLENT finale! A great big thank-you to the powers-that-be at Dexter for giving us such a satisfying season finale instead of jerking us around with cliffhangers and leaving a bunch of loose ends. Everything was tied up in a nice neat bow. The only possible thing that can come back to bite Dexter would be someone tying Dexter's trip to Paris to the disappearance of the bane of his existence, but maybe she had already hid herself well enough for her disappearance to not be noticed, at least not for a long time. Definitely looking forward to the new season without her.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design