About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Friday, November 23, 2007

Entertainment Management

Scripture Reading: Shemot (Exodus) 36:20-38:31

Exo 38:22 And Betsal’ĕl son of Uri, son of Hur, of the tribe of Yehudah, made all that יהוה had commanded Mosheh.

Our Thanksgiving dinner was delicious! Hope everyone enjoyed theirs as much as we did ours.

Today, I thought I'd write about TV in our house. This is something I have absolutely no control over and am basically a bystander--lol.

As we got newer TVs that got progressively more technologically advanced, I eventually lost my ability to even turn them on properly. With the many-buttoned remotes, if I try turning one of the TVs on, I end up with a screen full of snow, and no amount of button-pushing will get me to an actual channel.

My husband laughs at my ineptitude and just repeats the 'simple' turn-on formula, which I think I'll remember the next time I attempt watching TV when he's not around, but it always turns out the same--a screen full of loud staticky snow. So, now I just tag along when he's watching TV.
Even if I could manage to decode the various formulae and competently operate all the machinery, I wouldn't be allowed to when he was around anyway. And if I dared to attempt it when he wasn't around, I'd be taking the chance of messing up his intricate recording schedule for the DVR.

Since he's good at all that TV/satellite/DVR/DVD player management, I'm content to leave all that to him, and I have the benefit of being entertained while I'm knitting, crocheting or sewing.

Every once in a while, I will read about a movie or TV program that sparks my interest, and I will write down the name of it and ask him if he can find it and fit it into the recording and playback schedule. Occasionally, I'll hit the jackpot with this, but at other times I'll get a response like, "I won't record anything with subtitles", or (upon my recent request for "Knit & Crochet Today") just raucous laughter.

Dinner Tonight: Turkey Sandwiches (what else?)

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design