About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.

My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tenth Butterfly Frogged

I really should have known from the time I finished the first wing component and saw how ruffly it was that this butterfly simply was not going to work for me. The pattern I was using is for size 30 thread, and I was using size 10 thread, so when I was crocheting the body (the long white piece on the right below) and the pattern called for crocheting it to a certain length, I knew that probably wouldn't be correct considering I was using a thicker thread. So, I decided to try sewing the wings together first, figuring I'd then be able to gauge the length of the body against that.

As you can see, this turned out to look horrendous. The pattern does call for shirring the straight edges of the four wing components and then sewing them to the stuffed and sew-together body component, so I can see why the different way I did it turned out so badly. However, by this time I was so tired of messing with it, and since the shirring and stuffing would probably make it too dimensional for The Butterfly Project anyway, I decided it was time to abandon it and try a different butterfly instead.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design