About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Astronaut Farmer

This started off looking pretty strange to me since I knew nothing about the movie (including the title) when I started watching it. As the story unfolded, I started understanding better what was going on and mostly enjoyed it. I was bothered by the title character's self-serving single-mindedness to the detriment of his family, not to mention anyone else who may have been hurt by what he did.

After I gave it more thought, though, I realized that history is filled with families who were secondary to men who set out to accomplish monumental things, and perhaps a lot of what we enjoy now we wouldn't have to enjoy if it weren't for the sacrifice of such families. It's a difficult dilemma, and I'm not sure the particular dream portrayed in this movie would be worth it in real life, but the family in the movie seemed happy about it in the end.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design