About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ninth Butterfly Completed

Finally finished crocheting this butterfly for The Butterfly Project. I tried to flatten it under a book overnight, but it's still pretty twisty and turny. Hopefully when I get around to the starching and pinning process for all of these butterflies, this one will straighten out and look better. This one may end up benefitting the most from that process. The yellow loops on the bottom wings especially won't behave.

This one is bigger than most of the others. Eventually I'll take a picture of all of them together to show their relative sizes. I kind of wish I had used different colors for this one as I'm not too thrilled with the blue and yellow together. I probably should have used the green in place of the blue. Too late now, though. This one was a beast to finally get finished. I think I spent as much time sewing and running in ends as I did crocheting it.

This butterfly was crocheted with Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread, size 10, in Delft and size 10 DMC crochet thread in Green and Yellow using a size 6 steel hook and this pattern.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design