About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Sunday, June 8, 2008

GAAA--Judy Sumner Square, Part 2

It was at this point of progress in knitting this square (see picture above) that I was able to confirm my nagging suspicion that I had knitted the spider incorrectly.

I was happily knitting along, and when I came to the abbreviations 'MLB' and 'MSB' on the chart, I assumed they meant 'Make Large Bug' and 'Make Small Bug'. This assumption was reinforced by the instructions on the left-hand page for the small bug, which stated, "work as for head of large bug". So, when I came to those two markers in the chart, I made the body of the large bug and the head of the large bug (which was equivalent to the small bug).

At some point before I got to the mesh section in the upper right of the square, my eyes happened to land on the place on the right-hand page (in the 'In Other Words' section of the instructions) where the instructions for 'MLB' and 'MSB' were printed there as plain as day! I don't know how I had managed to miss seeing them before that!

Anyway, that's when I discovered that those abbreviations stood for 'Make Large Bobble' and 'Make Small Bobble', and once I read the instructions for those two abbreviations, I finally understand why my spider didn't look like the spider on the square in the picture.

So, I ended up ripping the square back to the row on the chart where 'MLB' was and started re-knitting from there, and this time the spider body and head ended up looking satisfyingly like the one in the book. The middle and bottom pictures are the 'after' pictures and show what the spider looks like after I re-knitted it following the correct instructions.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design