About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, June 12, 2008

GAAA--Judy Sumner Square Completed

It took some doing, but the Judy Sumner square is now completed. The 3-D effect of this design is just awesome. This is why I love aran and cable knitting so much--the finished product comes out so amazing considering it is done with a single color and two basic stitches.

The finished size is acceptable. The length is nearly 12 inches, and the width pulls out to 12 inches, so I'm hoping that means that when the block is sewn to others, it will work.

From what I've read on Ravelry and around the blogosphere, gauge seems to be a rather universal problem when knitting these Great American afghans. As much problem as I had with the first square I made for The Great North American Afghan, I can certainly attest to that. I'm going to try not to be so finicky about it unless a square turns out really way off from the others.

Now that I've made this nice start on The Great American Aran Afghan, I'm going to move on to The Great American Afghan and try knitting the first square for that one as well as continuing to crochet butterflies for The Butterfly Project.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design