About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Pools I'm In

I'm in a couple of Ravelry pools. One is for Dancing With The Stars and the other one is for American Idol.

In the case of Dancing With The Stars, we were assigned our couple for the pool by random draw. I ended up with Marlee Matlin and her dancing partner (who's never been on the show before), if you can believe it. Husband predicts my couple will be among the first three eliminated. I sure can't argue with him, but maybe they will surprise us and stay in a little longer.

The method for random assignment for the American Idol pool was more exciting. We had a number determined by our order of signing up for the group. In my case, I was number 5 since I was the fifth person to sign up. Then we all had to wait for Tuesday night (last night) for the top 12 to perform, and whichever order they performed in, that's who we got. In my case, since I was number 5, I got the fifth performer of the night, which was Carly Smithson. She's not a favorite of mine, but it could have been much worse. Husband kept predicting I'd end up with 'skunk girl' (Amanda Overmyer). At least Carly is popular, so she'll probably be around for a while, but I doubt she'll win.

I thought most of last night's performances were great with the exception of:

Amanda--always sounds like cats fighting.

David Hernandez--Simon described his performance perfectly: Desperate. (And BTW, didn't buy the ol' 'pizza bistro' job talk since we already know he was working as a stripper and nude lap dancer at the gay nightclub through September 2007, which was AFTER the American Idol auditions.)

Kristy--Way too twanged out. Should have gone for a more subtle country flavor.

David Archuleta--Love him, but at this stage in the competition, there is no excuse for forgetting the lyrics, nor for dissing the Beatles and their music.

The prize in each pool is the other 11 participants (i.e. the losers) gifting the winner with something knitting/crocheting related.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design