About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Butterfly Is On A Short List!

I was contacted by the managing editor of Schmap Guides (http://www.schmap.com/), who told me that one of my photos on Flickr was on a short list being considered for use in their guide for Houston, Texas, specifically for the page about the Holocaust Museum Houston.

I gave my permission to use the photo they selected (above) and also uploaded a couple more they may want to consider as well (below).

The new photos I uploaded include the same butterfly in its completed state, and the other is of all three butterflies I've made so far for The Butterfly Project for the Holocaust Museum Houston.

It was so exciting for anyone to even notice one of my pictures on Flickr, not to mention what an honor it would be if one of them were chosen to represent the Holocaust Museum!

Even if none of my pictures is selected for the Schmap Guide, I'm still looking forward to visiting the Museum when they have The Butterfly Project on display so I can see my butterflies among all the others representing the children who were killed during the Holocaust. It's a privilege to honor them in this way.

To learn more about The Butterfly Project and how you can participate, go to:

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design