About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Our New Cats

Scripture Reading: Vayeshev (And He Settled)


Torah: Breisheet (Genesis) 37:1-40:23
Haftarah: Amos 2:6-3:8
Ketuvim Netzarim: Mattithyahu (Matthew) 1:1-6, 16-25


Amo 3:6 If a ram’s horn is blown in a city, do the people not tremble? If there is calamity in a city, shall not יהוה have done it?
Amo 3:7 For the Master יהוה does no matter unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
Amo 3:8 A lion has roared! Who is not afraid? The Master יהוה has spoken! Who would not prophesy?



New Cats: We were blessed with 2 new cats yesterday. In both cases, the owners weren't able to keep them anymore, so we got to add them to our family. Six-month-old Monster already had her name, and we chose not to re-name her. She really is a sweetheart, though, very affectionate, so a 'monster' when it comes to affection. She loves to lick your face. She's a blue-eyed Siamese mix. Our second new baby is 4 months old and is gray, orange and white, and her gray and orange parts are real blended like a tortoiseshell and the white part is separate. Her fur is extremely soft, so I named her Velvet. She's a lot more timid than Monster and is currently hiding behind the washer and dryer, and the kids are trying to coax her out with toys and treats. I'll try to get a picture of her when she's more settled in and not so scared.


The Next Great American Band: The Clark Brothers made it through another week! I'm so glad. They are still my favorite. I think Husband likes Sixwire better, and I like them, too. They're really versatile, but I think the uniqueness of The Clark Brothers is why I tend to prefer them. We also love Denver and the Mile-High Orchestra, so our 3 favorites are still in it. Dot Dot Dot is my our #4 fave, but Husband says that while he enjoys watching them perform and they sound good, he probably wouldn't buy their music because it's not his kind of music as much as our Top 3 are. I, too, think that live performance is Dot Dot Dot's strongest suit, though I like their kind of music better than Husband does. Our preference would be for Light of Doom to go next week. I definitely enjoy them more than Husband does, but as talented as they are for as young as they are, they're not yet up to the caliber of the other four remaining bands.



Casanova: This was a cute movie, and I always enjoy the fashions in historical settings. The girl named Victoria looked so familiar, but it took me a while to figure out she's the actress who plays Anne Boleyn on 'The Tudors'. She was blonde in 'Casanova', so that's probably what made it difficult to place her right away. One of the things I liked most about the movie was its portrayal of Venice. I wonder if they filmed any of it there. It certainly looked a lot like how I remember it. What a unique place to live, seems like especially so back in the 18th century.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design