About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My New Row Counters

Scripture Reading: Bemidbar (Numbers) 23:1-26:27


Num 23:19 "Ěl is not a man, to lie; nor a son of man, to repent! Has He said, and would He not do it; or spoken, and would not confirm it?


So-Tender Swiss Steak: I had work hours to make up and had to recruit my 12-year-old son (14-year-old daughter was feeling sick) to help get dinner in the oven with me giving him directions while I was working. This did not work out well, and the less said, the better.


Pinwheel Sweater: I'm on round 101 now, so I took a picture to show what 100 rounds of knitting on this sweater looks like. The new row counter marks the center back at the neck and the end/beginning of each new round. The sleeve holes are at each side of the picture, and the bulkiest part between the sleeve holes is the bottom of the back. The part I'm knitting now is the part in front of the sleeves, i.e. both sides of the front, as well as the upper part of the back and neck/shoulder area. It helps to picture a turtle shell that wraps around to the front.





The new row counter is green and has a little thin white ring attached so that it can go onto the knitting needle and also serve as a stitch marker, in this case marking the place between the last stitch of the previous round and the first stitch of the next round. I don't know if this row counter will be any more or less tempting to my children than my red row counters, but at least I've been able to safely put away the little red row counter that was sitting by itself, all vulnerable, on my console. It's much more convenient having the row counter on the knitting itself. It helps me to better remember to turn to the next number when I'm also using it as the end/beginning round marker.



In my Frugal Knitting Haus order, I also got one of these. It's called a Peg-It, and it keeps count of multiple things, not only rows, but increases and decreases and pattern repeats and other things a knitter or crocheter may need to keep track of. I haven't opened it or read the instructions yet, but apparently the little red pegs go into the appropriate holes on the board. When it becomes necessary to use this, I wonder what the chances are that it, too, will prove too tempting to the kids for me to leave it out in the open.





Duel: Need to add to the list of irritants that this show has--The way overused, supposedly suspenseful build-up to the revelation of an answer only to be switched to a cut to a commercial. The show has commercials seemingly constantly anyway, which is bad enough, so it would be nice if they would--instead of this tired, worn-out bait and switch thing--just do something refreshing and less insulting, like just plainly announcing that it's time for a commercial.




Clash Of The Choirs: Sorry to have to tell Team LaBelle this, but Team Lachey totally outdid them last night with their Flight of the Bumble Bee. Finally, something that sounded like what a great choir is supposed to sound like with all the different parts all weaving in and out of each other and with the added bonus of being a cappella, too! Just fantastic. Loved it. Team Shelton also did a more choir-like rendition with the various parts and harmonies weaving around each other, but I can't remember which song it was. To me, that's what a choir is, and not a soloist with background singers, like a lot of the songs that have been performed so far have been like.


JourneyMan: I will be so disappointed if last night's episode is the last one. I really like this show, and this episode, while providing some answers, also presented more questions. It's kind of nice to know at least one cause-and-effect, like apparently Evan's death is what caused the 'calling' to pass on to Dan, but if the rare celestial comet thing only happened twice in the past century--on Dan's and Livia's birthdates--then why was Evan also a traveler? He couldn't have been born on Dan's birthdate because Dan's only 35, and Evan said that he had been married to his wife for 20 years after they met in college, so he had to have been several years older than Dan. Maybe there was a different rare celestial occurrence when Evan was born? There's so much more to be explored, like more of Livia's life back in the 1940s and getting to know her husband-to-be, Henry. And why do Dan and Livia usually end up in the same place, but Evan seemed to have been on his own?


Dinner Tonight: Beanless Turkey Chili (from the SavingDinner.com email newsletter)

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design