About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Butterfly Project

Scripture Reading: Vayikra (Leviticus) 20-22

Lev 20:25 ‘And you shall make a distinction between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean birds and clean. And do not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or whatever creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.
Lev 20:26 ‘And you shall be set-apart to Me, for I יהוה am set-apart, and have separated you from the peoples to be Mine.
The Butterfly Project (http://www.hmh.org/minisite/butterfly/index.html): I decided to check last night to see how much time was left to make butterflies for The Butterfly Project, and I discovered that they need to be sent by Jan. 5--Yikes! So, it was time to set aside the Hound Hoodie and start making butterflies because my goal was to make one for each child YHWH blessed me with.So far, I've discovered a couple of problems with this first butterfly pattern I've tried. Of course, I didn't manage to figure it out until AFTER I've gotten this far, but I'm pretty sure the first round was supposed to be joined and then turned, even though the pattern says "turn" and doesn't say anything about joining at the end of round 1. Since I've already gotten this far, I'll just use the beginning tail to do the joining after the fact. Also, according to the pattern, this is supposed to be the end of the first wing (see picture), but it looks like it needs an additional row (or 2 or 3) to close up the wing tip. Notice on the picture from the pattern (far above) how the wing tips are closed, not open like in my picture.
The Butterfly Project is about the 1,500,000 innocent children who perished in the Holocaust. From the website: "In an effort to remember them, the Holocaust Museum Houston is collecting 1.5 million hand-made butterflies. The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition for all to remember." The butterflies can be made of any media the artist chooses, except that glitter may not be used, and it sounds like they need them to be flat. All the guidelines and sending instructions can be found at the link above if you would like to participate.

Chuck: From what the announcer said, it sounded like this last episode was the last until after the first of the year. And of course, it left the cliffhanger that the plan was to 'eliminate' Chuck. Obviously that cannot happen and still have a show called 'Chuck', so we can rest assured, but it probably means things might go in a different direction when and if the show resumes.






Prime: We could not finish watching this it was so bad. At some point, cued by the mannerisms of Meryl Streep, it suddenly occurred to me that this movie was supposed to be a comedy! I don't know how long it had been on before I realized that she was delivering her lines as if they were supposed to be laughed at, but instead they were just creepy or pitiful. With two such big-name actresses with a well-received body of work behind them, it was surprising how bad this movie was. After this experience, we decided to adopt the 30-minute rule--if the movie still sucks 30 minutes in, then it's time to stop watching it.

This is based on the 50-page rule shared with me by a friendly and wise used book shop owner when I was telling her how I felt obligated to finish a book even when it didn't seem to be a good one. She said that there are just too many good books to waste time on a bad one, so she adopted the 50-page rule to where if it didn't catch her interest within the first 50 pages, it was time to move on to the next book.

Dinner Tonight: So-Tender Swiss Steak
http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/taste-of-home/114584/so-tender-swiss-steak

Looking forward to Latkes during the days of Chanukah!

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design