About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Friday, November 9, 2007

Inadvisable Multitasking

Scripture Reading: Shemot (Exodus) 7-9:21

I've heard about it many a time in comedy routines, but today I actually witnessed it myself--a woman in the driver's seat in the car in front of me putting on makeup in her rear-view mirror! And it was MASCARA she was putting on--probably the most vision-obscuring makeup process there is.

There was, of course, a delay between the light turning green and her noticing that it was time to make the left turn all of us in that lane were waiting for. Then, continuing to apply her mascara, she jerkily made the left turn, only to stop at the next intersection, which was NOT a stopping place--no stop sign, no traffic light, no pedestrians, no reason to stop whatsoever except that apparently she wanted to concentrate more on her facial artistry than her driving.

I managed to refrain from laying on my horn (only works sporadically anyway), and eventually she realized that it was time to move forward to the next red light, whereupon she continued applying mascara, now to her bottom lashes. After that light turned green and we continued down the road (a busy main artery in town), she went on with the rest of her beauty routine, finishing up with doing her hair.

But was that enough? Oh no, she then continued checking herself in the mirror over and over again, making further adjustments as she deemed necessary. She did manage to avoid hitting anyone during this ridiculous multitasking, as did I while I kept an eye on what she was doing to see what she'd do next. Eventually I got to the post office and had to abandon my position directly behind her.

I was a little disappointed because I was kind of curious to see where she was going that required having to do all that prep work while simultaneously driving there. I also couldn't help but wonder if she was going to start painting her nails next.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design