About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Friday, November 2, 2007

Festival

Scripture Reading: Breisheet (Genesis) 41-42

We had a tiring, but wonderful day at the International Quilt Festival. All the quilts were unbelievable! I think our jaws were dropped almost constantly. It is amazing the talent and skill and creativity that was represented there. Thank you to all those whose work was exhibited for us to gawk at.

We saw pretty much all of the quilt displays, but we ran out of time and energy after seeing only 3 or 4 rows of the merchant booths. But I said I had to go to the Leisure Arts booth before we called it a day, and those were the friendliest ladies--the Leisure Arts gals! We had so much fun visiting with them.

The craft books published by Leisure Arts have always been my favorites, so of course I had to get more while I was there, and they had some great deals--everything 20% off plus some even more discounted specials. We all entered the drawing for the four baskets of goodies they were giving away.

Aside from not seeing absolutely everything, the only disappointment was that they had already run out of the commemorative pins, so I hope they're going to sell them online afterward or something. I did get the pretty commemorative tote bag, though, so I'm pacified for now.

The Holocaust Museum Houston had a display there. They have launched The Butterfly Project and are collecting handmade butterflies to remember the 1.5 million children who perished in the Holocaust. They can be made of any medium and no larger than 8 x 10 inches. I've found some great patterns online for crochet butterflies, so I'm going to try making some to send for the project.

If you'd like to participate, you can find more information here:

The Butterfly Project

Shabbat Shalom.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design