About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Afghan Grows

Scripture Reading: Shemot (Exodus) 29-30

Since finishing the blue Jackyll & Hide, I've been knitting on the Homespun Leafy Border Afghan during TV-watching time (my prime needlework time). Typically I cannot work on these big projects for long periods of time without getting bored, so I tend to work on them while I'm trying to decide what to make next or while looking for and acquiring what I need for my next project.

Currently, I have the yarn for a baby blanket and just need the right-size needles in order to start that, but I'm not absolutely certain that the pattern I've been planning to use is what I want to do. I keep thinking I may come across a pattern I like better. Also, it's not that urgent since no one in my family is expecting a baby right now.

I don't have the sport-weight yarn I need for a project that is more urgent than the baby blanket, so I've been shopping around online for that. I also want to make cat beds, for which I can probably use yarn I already have, but I'm still looking for the 'perfect' pattern. For instance, in my online shopping around yesterday, I came upon a book that had a pattern for a 'cat bag'. Sadly, there was no picture of it, but I've been wondering if it would be worth the $11 or so to buy the book and see if it is something my cats might like more than the bed patterns I've found so far.

So, each evening that these things stay in the queue, the afghan grows a little more.

The Bachelor: Perhaps this is what happens when a man is desperate to prove to his family that he is not gay. It has always been disgusting to watch how these guys string along the women they're not going to pick, but at least in previous seasons, those women got dumped for a woman the guy wanted slightly more, or at least he was able to tell her that because, like a real man, he actually chose one of the women. In this case, they all got dumped because he didn't want any of them. Under such circumstances, there is no excuse for how he encouraged them to open up and pour their hearts out all over the place. Plus, he said about both of the final women that he could see himself married to her or spending the rest of his life with her and all that blather. Like DeAnna said, "It doesn't make any sense." There's some buzz that he picked someone else and that this is revealed on tonight's After The Rose Ceremony show, which was taped last Friday. One rumor I read is that it is one of the show's producers. Another rumor is that he's taken up with Sandra Bullock! Pretty much anything one can imagine would make about as much sense as what we've already seen.

Dancing with the Stars: I thought Marie did better than she ever has, but I still think she's not up to the level of the other 3 contestants, so she should be the one to go. Jennie Garth is the most impressive as far as how much improvement she's made throughout the show. Derek is an awesome teacher and choreographer! He has really transformed her into a swan! While I also love Julianne and Helio, I believe the winners should be Mel and Max. When the show started, I did not want to like Mel B, the Spice Girl, but she has been so consistently great at the dancing, and personality-wise, she just kept winning me over throughout the season, so that now she is my favorite, and I hope she wins.

Weeds: Looks like Nancy is going to try to get out of Dodge, but will she try to go legit? And what if the wildfire doesn't burn down the rest of her neighborhood? She may end up being in a heap of trouble. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next season.

Dinner Tonight: Sesame Beef Steaks
http://www.savingdinner.com/

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design