About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Blog

Today's Scripture Reading: Breisheet/Genesis 23-24


Trying to set up a new blog. Also getting ready for a trip to the International Quilt Festival in Houston. Of course, the festival is the excuse for visiting with family there, but still, my sister and I have been wanting to go to the festival for more than a decade--since we first learned of it--so we're pretty thrilled to finally be going.

Since it is a quilt event, it makes sense to bring along a quilty-type project, but I needed a small simple one, easy to take along and work by hand. I remembered that when we first moved into our house I had come up with an idea for a new valance for the kitchen window to match the ceramic-tile counters, so I dug around and found the work in progress and now have it all packed up and ready to go.



I had purchased the fabrics at Joann (85 miles away), hoping that when I got home they would come close to matching the tiles, and I was relieved to find that they seem to match pretty well.





My idea was to do a Grandmother's Flower Garden type of pattern, joining hexagon-shaped pieces of fabric, alternating the yellow-and-blue prints with the blue prints to make the 'flower' motif and then using the solid blue to join the motifs and border them. It will be interesting to see how far I get on this.





Happily, my project bag is big enough to hold the supplies for this project AND the needles and yarn for the ski masks my sons have been begging for. I'm using the Jackyll & Hide pattern from http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/index.html . Believe it or not, my boys want me to leave off the scary embroidery! One wants his in black, and the other one wants his in blue, so it will be fun to see how they turn out.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design