About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...
Yom Sheni, the 17th day of the 4th month

Outside My Window...
the big kittens are playing and scampering about.

I am thinking...
of how much I'm already enjoying the book I just started reading--'The Other Side of the Sun' by Madeleine L'Engle.

I am thankful for...
being able to have a nice long conversation with my 25-year-old son a couple days ago.

From the kitchen...
This week's dinners:
Southwestern Chicken*
Crockpot Roast
Chicken Soup in a Pot*
Beef Stew*
Steak with Pizza Potatoes*
Super Easy Chicken*
Beans and Cheeseburger Macaroni
(*these recipes are from 'Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly' by Phyllis Pellman Good)

I am wearing...
a purple skirt and top.

I am creating...
a crocheted baby headband to go with the Tulip Time dress and booties.

I am going...
nowhere today, but will probably be doing the usual shopping and errands on Preparation Day later in the week.

I am reading...
for the Fast of the Fourth Month:
Zekaryah (Zechariah) 8:19-23
Shemot (Exodus) 32:11-14, 34:1-10
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 55:6-56:8

The Scriptures in Chronological Order:
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 19, 20, 25, 26, 35, 36, 45-49
Dibre HaYamim Bet (2 Chronicles) 36:1-4
Habaqquq (Habakkuk)
Dani'el (Daniel) 1

Parashat Matot (tribes):
Torah--Bemidbar (Numbers) 30:1-32:42
Haftarah--Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 1:1-2:3
Ketuvim Netzarim--Mattithyahu (Matthew) 5:33-37; Acts 9:1-22

'Restoration' by D. Thomas Lancaster

'The Other Side of the Sun' by Madeleine L'Engle

'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen (listening to it on CraftLit)

I am hoping...
that I can finish reading 'The Other Side of the Sun' before it's due back at the library.

I am hearing...
my youngest tattling on his older siblings.

Around the house...
I need to take inventory of the kids' clothes to see what they need before school starts.

One of my favorite things...
is taking a nice relaxing bath.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
RSVP to an invitation.
Return phone calls from family and friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

If you would like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, and read the guidelines here.

4 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I love Madeleine L'Engle's books, too! I have a big stack of library books waiting for me, also. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Ronda's Rants said...

Your blog very beautiful and you are very talented as well. I noticed you favorite thing is taking a long bath...I can not believe I left that one off...to read a good book while soaking in a hot tub...is the best gift from God!
Enjoy your day!
Ronda

Anonymous said...

Hi Tuppence,
I enjoyed reading your daybook and looking through your blog. I love your header and have never seen another one like it! I especially enjoyed reading the Hebrew (is it Hebrew?) names for the books of the Bible that I'm familiar with like Jeremiah etc.

Me said...

Gina--I think it's actually called Hebrew transliteration into English since it's using the English alphabet instead of the Hebrew. It hopefully sounds like the Hebrew name when spoken out loud, even though it's not actually spelled in Hebrew. For instance, Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) looks like this when spelled in Hebrew letters and is read from right to left: ירמיהו

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design