About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.

My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shining Star, Part 9

I ordered this book from Frugal Knitting Haus with the Ravelry CAL Afghans in mind, thinking it would be nice to do a different border on each one. In the meantime, it has come in handy for finding a border for this Shining Star baby blanket.

I decided to use a 5-round border (#39 in the book) that I think will go well with the stitches used in Tulip Time. It is a border that it worked over a multiple of 4 plus 3 total amount of stitches.

I spent quite a bit of time figuring out the math, and then I did a second round of single crochet around the entire blanket putting in the necessary increases evenly spaced to complete a foundation row with a total number of stitches that was supposed to be a multiple of 4 plus 3.

When I got towards the end of the first round of shells, I was a couple of stitches short, so I had to make some adjustments in the spaces between the last few shells. I don't know what went wrong with the math, but I decided it wasn't worth it to rip back to try to find out since the discrepancy isn't noticeable. In the picture, the second row of shells has been started.

The border patterns in this book are designed for square or rectangular afghans, so I'm hoping the border I'm doing will work out okay on this circular blanket. I don't mind if it ruffles, as that would work for a feminine look. I'm just hoping it doesn't get too tight and buckle up in the later rounds. I suppose if that happens, I can add some chains between the shells. I'll just have to keep going and see what happens.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design