About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shining Star, Part 2

I may end up doing all my pictures outside, as this one really got the colors right. When I take pictures inside, it's always a crap shoot how true the colors will or will not turn out. This one was taken on the front veranda (which faces west) in the late morning as I was hanging out with some of the cats for a few minutes before work. It was nice and pleasant--not too windy and not too hot.

The center piece and the first set of 'diamonds' have been completed on Shining Star, and now the second set of 'diamonds' is being crocheted. One of the things I like about this pattern is how easy it is to crochet over the yarn ends as you go along. It's always a nice thing to not have to deal with a bunch of yarn ends at the end of a project.

So far, I really like how it's turning out. If I'm not too bored with the pattern after I get done with this one, I may do another one for my brother and sister-in-law's baby, due in October. I also have my eye on the Happy Baby Blanket, though, so we'll see.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design