About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New 10th Butterfly Plus 11th & 12th

The Butterfly Project

After frogging the first 10th butterfly that when horribly bad, I crocheted this butterfly instead using this pattern. It seems like those two bottom wing components could have been left off, and it still would have looked like a butterfly. This one was crocheted with green and yellow DMC thread and pink Aunt Lydia's.

I chose to use pink and white (Aunt Lydia's) thread for this butterfly since I ended up frogging the other one in this color scheme. I like this one so much more than that other one. It looks nice and frilly while actually being flat. This one is from a doily pattern.

This was the easiest pattern of all! No sewing, yay!!! I probably should have used the size 4 steel hook the pattern called for since it turned out so tiny, but by that time I was so used to using the size 6 hook that I didn't even look at that part of the pattern to see what size hook was recommended until I had finished crocheting it. I crocheted this one with the DMC variegated pastels thread.

All the butterflies are now crocheted and sewn and ready for starching, so more pictures to come once that's all done.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design