About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Sunday, June 29, 2008

GAA-Priscilla Gibson-Roberts Square, Part 3


The skinny little double-pointed needles that I ordered have arrived, so when I finally get to the point of knitting the little socks for this square, I will have the needles I need to do it. In the meantime I've been doing the embroidery.

First, there was the outlining of the sections of the inner square. By the way, the square was knitted with Red Heart Super Saver in White. The first part of the embroidery is with the same yarn in Windsor Blue.

After the first pair of 'socks' were embroidered in duplicate stitch, then the second pair were done with Light Blue on the other two sides. All of this was not done in a day. It took several days for me to do all of the embroidery, but now it is finally done, and all that is left to do is to knit and then attach the little socks onto the panel on the left side of the inner square.

I'll need to set this project aside for now, though, as I need to finish up Tulip Time (which is a baby dress and booties) and make a blanket to match for a rapidly approaching baby shower.

Hopefully by the time I get those done, I'll be ready to tackle knitting the itty-bitty socks for this square on the size 000 needles.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design