About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

GAA-Priscilla Gibson-Roberts Square, Part 1

The gauge for this square is 22 stitches and 32 rows over a 4-inch square using the 'larger' needles (two needle sizes are called for in this pattern). I had to go down to size 4 needles in order to get this gauge, which means the 'smaller' needles for me are size 3, which is what I've been knitting with so far for this inner square pictured above. The pattern's suggestion for needle sizes is 5 and 6, but I couldn't get gauge with either one.

This inner square with the heart pattern on the right-hand side is knitted first. I'm one heart away from finishing this phase. Then, 40 stitches are picked up on all four sides of this inner square. In the picture you can see the provisional cast-on where the stitches are being kept 'live' on the bottom of the square. The square is then knit in the the round, mitering the corners to complete the outer portion of the square.

To finish this square, though, there is still embroidery and a tiny pair of socks added for embellishment. Now, the tiny pair of socks is causing me some concern since the pattern suggests size 0 double-pointed needles for knitting them along with the size 5 and 6 for the square itself. So, that seems to suggest that my gauge-required size 3 and 4 needles for the square are pointing to my needing to use size 000 double-pointed needles for the tiny pair of socks. I think I've heard of that size before, but I sure don't have any that size, so I suppose I'm going to have to start looking for them.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design