About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, May 5, 2008

Tulip Time

I think I finished crocheting this project last summer, and for the longest time I was looking for the embellishments the pattern called for in order to totally complete the project.

It's probably been at least 2-3 months since I finally found all the embellishments I needed, and I STILL haven't sewn them on in order to classify this as a finished project.

I just LOVE the crocheting part, but the sewing part not so much, so it's been sitting in my cabinet in its 99% completed state all this time. All it lacks is weaving the sheer lilac ribbon through the waistline for a sash and through the booties for ties, and the little white lace flowers and lilac roses need to be sewn onto the yoke of the dress and the toes of the booties.


I suppose the reason I've procrastinated this for so long is that none of my loved ones were having babies. Now there are two babies on the way (genders as yet unknown), so I definitely need to get this to the 100% completed state and get another baby girl item and two baby boy items started and completed in order to be totally prepared for these two upcoming births.


The picture above is what Tulip Time is supposed to look like after all the embellishments are added. This pattern is from a book called Beautiful Baby Boutique (designer Rebecca Leigh), and I love all the patterns and will probably make all of them eventually.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design