About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rosh Chodesh 2--Trembling At His Word


(Last night the new moon was sighted in Israel, so the second month of the Scriptural calendar has begun. I originally wrote and posted this to my previous blog on 04/22/2007.)

Readings:

Bemidbar (Numbers) 28:1-15
YeshaYahu (Isaiah) 66
Kefa Alef (1 Peter) 2:4-10

Each Rosh Chodesh (Head of the Month) I read these special readings.

Isa 66:1 Thus said יהוה, "The heavens are My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Where is this house that you build for Me? And where is this place of My rest?
Isa 66:2 "And all these My hand have made, and all these that exist," declares יהוה. "Yet to such a one I look: on him who is poor and bruised of spirit, and who trembles at My Word.

There is nothing we can offer to the King of the heavens who created and owns everything, but amazingly enough, He does look for those who are poor and bruised of spirit and who tremble at His Word. What an awesome opportunity--to be precious to the Almighty!

But when was the last time you trembled at His Word?

The first time I read this, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. I wasn't sure I had EVER trembled at His Word! That was pretty scary to realize, especially in light of:

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Master, Master,' shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.
Mat 7:22 "Many shall say to Me in that day, 'Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?'
Mat 7:23 "And then I shall declare to them, 'I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!'

Often we are told that 'fearing' YHWH means we 'respect' Him, but does respect cause you to tremble? Fear means fear, plain and simple. It should scare us to death to face Him:

Luk 12:5 "But I shall show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after killing, possesses authority to cast into Gehenna. Yea, I say to you, fear Him!

And face Him we will:

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before the throne, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged from what was written in the books, according to their works.

He is the only person we should ever fear, but we definitely need to fear Him because if we don't, we are fools:

Pro 9:10 The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding.

If we aren't fearing Him, then we haven't even started to learn of Him.

We need to have fear and trembling in order to work out our own deliverance:

Phi 2:12 So that, my beloved, as you always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much rather in my absence - work out your own deliverance with fear and trembling,
Phi 2:13 for it is Elohim who is working in you both to desire and to work for His good pleasure.

If we don't have proper fear of YHWH, we can ask Him for it, and He is faithful to give it to us:

Jer 32:39 'And I shall give them one heart and one way, to fear Me all the days, for the good of them and of their children after them.
Jer 32:40 'And I shall make an everlasting covenant with them, that I do not turn back from doing good to them. And I shall put My fear in their hearts so as not to turn aside from Me.
Jer 32:41 'And I shall rejoice over them to do good to them, and shall plant them in this land in truth, with all My heart and with all My being.'

Can you imagine the King of the universe actually REJOICING over you?!! Wow!

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design