About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Rita Garrity Knudson Square Unembellished

Finished knitting the square, and it measures an acceptable 12-1/4 inches each way, so I'm happy with that. Still need to add the embellishments, though.


Three out of the four leaves are also knitted. In this pic they look kind of like multiracial sperm, don't they? In the center of the leaves will be a rose made of bullion stitches, and in the remaining unadorned section will be a flowering vine embroidered in duplicate stitch. This is a really pretty design. Of course, I tend to like all things flowery.
Once the Rita Garrity Knudson square was off the needles and ended up measuring within acceptable limits, comparison was made once again between it and the Susan Levin square, and it's pretty clear I'm going to have to knit the Susan Levin square a THIRD time! Hopefully going up one needle size will get it into the same range as its mate.

I am not, however, going to knit it again just yet. Once I completely finish the Knudson square, I'd like to move on and do a square or two for the Great American Aran Afghan and then a square or two for the Great American Afghan, thereby adding them to the other projects in my current rotation. When I next return to the Great North American Afghan, I'll face re-knitting the Susan Levin square hopefully for the final time.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design