About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pineapple Square Afghan Completed

The Pineapple Square Afghan is finally finished. I started it on 02/23/2008 and completed it 05/24/2008, so it took about three months to make it. And this was working on it little by little in between other things, mostly the squares for the Ravelry CAL Afghans, squares for My Reading Afghan and while trying to design Husband's Flag Kippah. These other projects are still ongoing, but at least this Pineapple Square Afghan is finally off the hook and ready to be given to its intended recipients.

This afghan was crocheted with Red Heart Super Saver, 'Painted Desert' colorway, using a size J hook. The color of the yarn is most accurately reproduced in the top picture, which shows the detail of the border at one of the corners, and in the bottom picture showing the leftover yarn. The pattern calls for 46 ounces of worsted-weight yarn, so I bought ten 5-ounce skeins to be sure I had enough. After finishing the afghan, I had one full skein and a little bit of another left over, so apparently it took less than 45 ounces of this yarn for me to complete this afghan.

According to the pattern, the finished afghan is supposed to measure 50 inches by 73 inches. I didn't measure it when I had it spread out for the picture, but I did measure the squares as I completed them, and they measured the correct 23 inches square, so the finished size is probably pretty close to what the pattern says.

The pattern I used is in a booklet called Pineapple Afghans that I ordered from Frugal Knitting Haus. This booklet has six patterns, and there are at least two more of them I'd like to make someday--'Daisy Pineapple' and 'Rose Octagon'.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design