About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, April 21, 2008

Ta'anit Bechorot (Fast of the First Born)

(Today is the 14th day of the first month on the Scriptural calendar. I originally wrote and posted this to my previous blog on 04/04/2007.)

Reading: Shemot (Exodus) 32:11-34:10

The 14th day of the 1st month of the year is traditionally a time of fasting from sunrise to sundown to commemorate the salvation of the Israelites from the 10th plague--the death of the firstborn.

YHWH refers to Israel as His firstborn son:

Exo 4:22 "And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus said YHWH, "Yisra'el is My son, My first-born,

The Torah reading for this fast begins with Mosheh interceding and pleading with YHWH on behalf of the new nation of Israel. YHWH is so displeased with Israel that He is talking about destroying them because of their stiff-neckedness, rebellion and idolatry.

Exo 32:11 But Mosheh pleaded with YHWH his Elohim, and said, "YHWH, why does Your wrath burn against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Mitsrayim with great power and with a strong hand?

This intercession is a picture of what Yeshua does for us (who are also deserving of death). He pleads with YHWH on our behalf, and it is His blood that stands between us and death. Similarly, it was the blood of the Pesach (Passover) lamb that stood between Israel and death during the plague of the death of the firstborn.

Not only does YHWH relent after Mosheh's intercession, but He actually grants Mosheh's request to SEE Him!

Exo 33:19 And He said, "I shall cause all My goodness to pass before you, and I shall proclaim the Name of YHWH before you. And I shall favour him whom I favour, and shall have compassion on him whom I have compassion."
Exo 33:20 But He said, "You are unable to see My face, for no man does see Me and live."
Exo 33:21 And YHWH said, "See, there is a place with Me! And you shall stand on the rock.
Exo 33:22 "And it shall be, while My esteem passes by, that I shall put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand while I pass by.
Exo 33:23 "Then I shall take away My hand and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Like Mosheh, we, too, should be standing in the gap and pleading on behalf of those who are hurting YHWH and being rebellious toward Him. It may be that by our doing so their eyes will be opened so that they will repent and be saved from the wrath to come.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design