About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Couple Of Fun Things To Try

Here are a couple of fun things I came across on the internet.

The first is called 123:5, and it goes like this:
  • Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
  • Turn to page 123.
  • Find the 5th sentence.
  • Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
  • Tag 5 people.

Here at my desk the books nearest me are a bunch of medical reference books, the very nearest being Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary, which is propping up my desk fan in the most effective position, but I'll temporarily remove it in order to do this exercise--

ardent (ar' dent) [L. ardere to glow] 1. hot or feverish.

There was more to the definition, but I figured once I got to the period, I was at the end of a sentence.

The nearest actual reading-type book on my desk is Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman, which is the current reading selection for the Ravelry Book Club group I belong to (although I haven't started reading it yet since I'm not yet finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs). I thought it might be more interesting to do this exercise with this book--

"They are green, no?"

Okay, not all that interesting, but the preceding four sentences on page 123 were (in comparison anyway)--

Because of her youth, she wore no wimple or veil, but let her hair fall free down her back. John brushed it aside, fastened the necklet about her throat; even in the moonlight, the stones glowed, opals the shade of twilight and amethysts of deepest purple. "Emeralds would suit you better, I think. Do you like emeralds, Isabelle?"

As far as tagging people, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged and leave a comment describing your 123:5.

The other fun thing you might want to try requires that you take a full-face, straight-on picture of yourself (or someone else), which I didn't have available, but that didn't stop me. I used the sample picture on the site to try it out.

What it does is show what your face would look like if it was symmetrical. In other words, if the left side of your face was a mirror image of the right side of your face and vice versa. It's interesting to see how different each side of our faces can be.

Here's the sample picture from the site:

And here's how the model would look if both sides were like her left side or if both sides were like her right side:

If you give it a try, I'd love to see your results!

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design