About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chocolate Delight Modification














I re-crocheted the Chocolate Delight squares for April for Afghan 3, and I'm hoping the pictures will show up in the right places so as to see the 'before' pictures on the left and the improved 'after' pictures on the right.



When I originally crocheted the squares as written in the pattern, I didn't like the way the sides of the squares dipped inward. Thanks to Yellowduckie sharing her modification to round 8 in our Ravelry 2008 12" Crochet Block-A-Month CAL Group (the group crocheting these monthly squares), I followed her example and substituted treble crochets for double crochets on the center 6 stitches of each side during that round, and the sides are much straighter and improved now.

I first successfully tried this modification on the Chocolate Delight squares for Afghan 4, so these two squares of Afghan 3 are the only ones I had to frog back and re-do. I'm happy with the result and am happily working on Afghan 5 now.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design