About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another Butterfly

The Butterfly Project: I started my third butterfly for The Butterfly Project last night. I got the body and one wing done so far. I'm not so sure I like how this particular multicolored thread looks. It's kind of overpowering, but this was not an easy thing to make, so I'm not going to rip it out. I can see now, though, that this thread works better as an accent color rather than a main color. Anyway, as I said, this project is not an easy one for me. The pattern itself isn't difficult--it is the small hook that makes it difficult for me. It uses a size 7 hook, so the stitches are very small and difficult for me to see. I was mostly crocheting by feel, which is not as easy to do as knitting by feel, so it was pretty tedious, and I'll be relieved when I'm finished with this butterfly and can switch over to one of my more relaxing WIPs. Still, it's quite a sense of accomplishment to finish a tougher project like this, and in this case even more so because of where it's going: http://www.hmh.org/minisite/butterfly/index.html

Lost: For some reason we missed the boat on 'Lost' and are just starting to watch it this season. At the same time we are trying to get caught up by watching the first three seasons on the ABC website. So far, I'm still barely into the first season's episodes. Husband has seen more episodes than I have, but I think he's still only on season 1, too. It's not such a great viewing experience to watch the episodes on the computer, but it's certainly better than not being able to see them at all. I hope we can finish watching all the back episodes before ABC takes them off the site because we sure can't afford to get the DVDs! With what we've seen so far, we now understand why 'Lost' has been so popular. For us, it's a good replacement for our loss of 'JourneyMan'.

Books: I've read some good books lately, and I'd like to do a little review on each of them here, so hopefully I'll get to that before I forget what I wanted to write about them! These books include:

Confessions of an Amateur Believer by Patty Kirk
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The short of it is that all of these are good books, and I would recommend them all, but hopefully I'll be able to go into more detail about each one as time permits.

Today's Scripture Reading:
Shoftim (Judges) 21
Shemu'el Alef (1 Samuel) 1:1-2:17

Dinner Tonight: Dad's Super Bowl Chili (my husband's secret recipe) with sourdough bread. Can't wait!

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design