About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Row Counter

Yesterday's Scripture Reading: Bemidbar (Numbers) 11-13

Today's Scripture Reading: Vayigash (And He Drew Near)

Torah: Breisheet (Genesis) 44:18-47:27
Haftarah: Yehezqel (Ezekiel) 37:15-28
Ketuvim Netzarim: Luke 6:12-16; Ephesians 2:1-10


Crockpot Beef Stew: We had this Thursday night. Husband and kids loved it, but me not so much. I thought it was too thyme-y tasting. I had doubled the recipe and substituted potatoes for the carrots and celery, so maybe that ended up making the proportions off, but for me, the thyme taste was too strong.

Pinwheel Sweater: I would not even try to hazard a guess as to how many toys there are in this house, but however many there are, it must not be enough. I came home from errands and shopping yesterday, more than ready to finally sit down, relax and do some knitting, only to discover that my little less-than-one-inch row counter had proved to be too much of a temptation for at least one of my apparently entertainment-challenged children. When I began this sweater, I made a point of alerting everyone to how important this little tool was to me and how I was not able to put it on the needles because this item is knitted in the round, so I was having to place the little row counter on the console of the sectional where I generally sit to knit. I placed it right next to my snips and made it clear that, like the snips, the row counter was off limits and not to be touched, moved or lost.
When I discovered that my row counter was on '75', I knew someone just hadn't been able to resist moving the dials and changing the numbers because I knew for sure I had blogged about being on round 76 on Thursday, and that was BEFORE Thursday night's knitting/TV time. I was pretty sure I had made it to round 80, but I rely on my row counter, not my memory, to keep track of that for me. Well, it was a little difficult to determine who the culprit was, but when it comes to things like this, I always know it's one of my three invisible children--'Not me', 'I don't know' and 'I didn't do it'--and sure enough, those were the names on the lips of my three visible children.



Ethan Cap: Since I didn't have the energy or mindset at that point to try to figure out what row I was on, I figured it was a good time to take a break from the sweater and crochet the Ethan Cap for my youngest son's class gift exchange. The pattern is from Quick Caps by Leisure Arts, and it did work up quickly--got it done while watching The Next Great American Band and Spiderman 3







The Next Great American Band: I think this is the first time ever on one of these types of shows that our favorites from the very beginning have made it all the way to the end. The Clark Brothers, Sixwire and Denver & The Mile-High Orchestra have been our favorites from the first time we saw them audition, so we're kind of amazed and puzzled about being so in synch with the rest of America, but it's also kind of comforting to know we're in agreement with so many. At this point, though, how do you choose between these three? They're all equally great for different reasons. I think for me, though, The Clark Brothers slightly edge out the others just based on my emotional reactions to their music. I have emotional reactions to the others, too, but I think with The Clark Brothers it's just slightly stronger.


Dinner Tonight: Crockpot Beef Stew leftovers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The person responsible in my house (for doing those things which were attributed to wayward children) was "Mr. Nobody".

Janey
janeyknitting(AT)yahoo(DOT)ca
- change bracketed caps to symbols -

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design