About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, December 10, 2007

A Little Bit Of Sweater Progress

Scripture Reading: Bemidbar (Numbers) 4-5

Num 5:18 ‘And the priest shall make the woman stand before יהוה, and shall uncover the woman’s head, and put the offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy, while the priest holds in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse.



Pinwheel Sweater: I'm now on round 58, and the stitches are getting a little crowded on the longest cable. Tonight I'm going to try joining the two largest cables from the Denise kit to make a larger circular needle and see if I've gauged the circumference well enough to ease the crowding, but not stretch the stitches too far apart. By the time I reach the final round on this, there are going to be a massive number of stitches since they increase by 8 every other round.


Ethan Cap: Before the 20th, I'm going to have to take a break from the sweater to make a cap for my youngest son's gift exchange at school. He requested that I make a cap like the one I made for him for him to give as his gift, so I'm going to try to grant his request. I need to check and see if I have enough yarn in a 'boy' color. Happily, these caps crochet up pretty quickly, so I should be able to get back to my sweater without too long of a break.




America's Most Smartest Model: This is a perfect example of what I was saying before about reality shows. Who cares who wins? The two finalists are equally unlikable. Do you root for the guy who has disdained America and Americans, constantly proclaiming himself and his Soviet-ness to be superior? Or do you root for the slimy American who hides all the study materials from the others, eavesdrops and copies? At least on this show there are judges picking who goes home each week based on performance, so maybe it's just a coincidence that these two guys ended up being the cream of the crop, or sadly, could it be that they are representative of what is at the top of the modeling world?








Dexter: Could that Lila be any more of a sleaze? As if any guy would want you when you're framing his friend. And by the way, Dexter, what kind of an idiot leaves his car window open enough to get an arm through to unlock it when he's going on a day trip? I'm guessing that Lila will want Dexter even more if she believes what Doakes tells her about Dexter being the Bay Harbor Butcher. I didn't believe for one minute that Dexter would actually turn himself in. It looks like it will be a great finale. Can't wait. I'm hoping that Lila comes to a bad end.
Chanukah Reading:


Bemidbar (Numbers) 7:36-47
Zekaryah (Zechariah) 2:14-4:7
Yochanan (John) 9:1-7; 10:22-39


Dinner Tonight: Steak Diane.
http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/taste-of-home/114773/steak-diane

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design