About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...
Yom Sheni, the 10th day of the 4th month

Outside My Window...
It has been raining off and on throughout the day, so our evaporative coolers have not been very effective in keeping the temperature inside the house as comfortable as I would like. It's fun to watch the rain coming down, though.

I am thinking...
and wondering how my husband is doing on his first day back at work after being in the hospital again.

I am thankful for...
my husband's heart to do his best to support our family under difficult circumstances.

From the kitchen...
This week's dinners:
Chicken Breasts with Rosemary*
Rice and Gravy
Tuna a la King
Chili Spaghetti
Steak with Do-Ahead Mashed Potatoes*
Beef Roast and Potatoes
Beans and Cheeseburger Macaroni
(*these recipes are from 'Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly' by Phyllis Pellman Good)

I am wearing...
a green dress and a black snood.

I am creating...
the 'Knit One, Kill Two' square for My Reading Afghan, currently on the needles, and the 'Middlesex' square, also for My Reading Afghan, still in my head.

I am going...
to town later in the week to do the usual weekly errands and shopping.

I am reading...
The Scriptures in Chronological Order:
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 1-18
Parashat Pinchas (Phinehas [dark-skinned]):
Torah--Bemidbar (Numbers) 25:10-29:40
Haftarah--Melakim Alef (1 Kings) 18:46-19:21
Ketuvim Netzarim--Yochanan (John) 2:13-25; Romans 11:2-32
'Restoration' by D. Thomas Lancaster
'Around The World In 80 Days' by Jules Verne
'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen (listening to it on CraftLit)

I am hoping...
my husband stays healthy.

I am hearing...
the kids chasing each other around the house, laughing.

Around the house...
is the usual laundry pile-up that needs to be tackled. Have a bunch of medical insurance paperwork that has to be done first, though.

One of my favorite things...
is newborn kittens--we have 4!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Still need to mail the package of books to my mother.
Also need to call my mother.
Need to catch up on work for my job that I missed during Husband's hospitalization.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


If you would like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, and read the guidelines here.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design