About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home Of The Brave

This movie was okay, not great, but okay. It focuses on the return home of four veterans of the Iraq war.

On the positive side, I think it helped me to better understand why my son, also a veteran of the same war, wanted to go back to Iraq, something I certainly didn't want him to do after sweating it out until he finally came home safely. (His birthday is today--Happy Birthday, sweetheart!)

While watching the movie, I ended up revisiting my now 5-year-long anger and frustration with this war. To this day, I still don't know why all the insanity hasn't been decisively dealt with and put down.

For instance, the movie depicts the soldiers on a HUMANITARIAN mission into a village to deliver supplies when they are attacked and bombed by 'insurgents'. To my way of thinking, any village harboring such 'insurgents' who kill our people doesn't need our humanitarian aid and shouldn't get any until they turn over said 'insurgents'.

There is a perfect example in the Scriptures of how such situations should be handled. When Sheba was in rebellion against King David and hiding in Abel, Israel's army with Yoab as its leader, besieged the city of Abel until Sheba's head was thrown over the wall to him. This was facilitated by a wise woman of Abel, and then the army left the city in peace. (This story is in 2 Samuel 20).

1 comments:

LA Nickers said...

Nice Scripture tie-in.

Thanks for visiting NICKERS AND INK.

Blessings,
Linda

MEME EXPRESS – daily blog prompts

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design