About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...
Yom Sheni, the 19th day of the 3rd month

Outside My Window...
the wind is blowing mildly, and it is nice and sunny.

I am thinking...
that I wish I had gotten a little more sleep.

I am thankful for...
Husband's provision for us.

From the kitchen...
This week's dinners:
Ground Turkey Soup*
Steak with Garlicky Potatoes*
"Baked" Chicken*
Succulent Steak*
Steak with Mustard Potatoes*
Burgundy Beef Roast
Cheeseburger Macaroni
(*these recipes are from 'Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly' by Phyllis Pellman Good.)

I am wearing...
a hastily thrown-on housedress, pink and black (had to hurry and get Husband's statements printed off before he left for work).

I am creating...
an account card template for Husband and The Great American Afghan for my youngest son.

I am going...
to the library tomorrow to hopefully pick up the book I requested last week--'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides--which is the current selection for the Ravelry Book Club.

I am reading...
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 14-37.
Korach--
Torah: Bemidbar (Numbers) 16:1-18:32.
Haftarah: Shemuel Alef (1 Samuel) 11:14-12:22.
Ketuvim Netzarim: Acts 1:1-11; Romans 13:1-7.
'Knit One, Kill Two' by Maggie Sefton

I am hoping...
that Husband will have a better day at work than he did last week.

I am hearing...
our new dog, Buddy, barking. I think he's being taught to 'speak' by the kids.

Around the house...
I want to dejunk and organize, so I think I'll start from the front door and work my way around the house counterclockwise, spending at least 15 minutes a day on it.

One of my favorite things...
is my children's smiles.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Call Mom and see how she's doing.
Call my oldest daughter to wish her a happy birthday.
Call my friend who's been concerned about me.
Deal with all the medical bills and receipts.
Organize my project bags.
Finish the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts square for The Great American Afghan, or at least get one of the little socks finished.
Write up and post the pattern for the afghan square I designed to represent the book, Here Be Dragons.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Template Creation

If you would like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, and then read the guidelines here.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design