About Me

Arizona, United States
I'm a work-at-home mom who enjoys the beautiful sunsets here in the high desert.





My Designs

For the free patterns for these afghan squares I designed for My Reading Afghan, click here.

My Recently Completed Projects

On The Hook

Ravelry CAL Afghan 1 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 1

Ravelry CAL Afghan 2 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 2

Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 3 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 3

Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 4 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 4

Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 5 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 5

Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 6 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan 6

Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 1-4)Ravelry CAL Afghan 7 in progress (squares 5-8)
Ravelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7ARavelry CAL Afghan--Flower Burst 7B
Ravelry CAL Afghan 7

Ravelry CAL Afghan 8 in progress
Ravelry CAL Afghan 8

Ravelry CAL Afghan Blocks:
Dream Catcher
Cross My Heart
Cygnus
Chocolate Delight
Flower Burst

Thursday, June 26, 2008

3X Thursday

Click on the button here or in the sidebar to participate.


1. Got any big projects in the works? If so, what's on your plate? If not, are there any projects you want to start/take up?

I currently have knitting/crocheting projects in progress for my husband, all of my children, all of my grandchildren, my mother, all of my siblings and even myself. Also in the works is a gift for an upcoming baby shower. Most of these projects are afghans, so they definitely qualify as big in my book. And just because I have 25 WIPs doesn't mean there aren't more projects I want to start! Having all these projects going at the same time and rotating them keeps me from getting bored with any single one, and it helps me to feel like I'm not leaving any of my loved ones out.

2. Do you have pets? Do you think pets could/are beneficial to helping to have a less stressful life? Why/why not? What are your general views on pets?

Yes, we have pets--1 dog, 10 cats, 2 Roborovski hamsters, 2 bettas (fish) and an aquarium full of tropical fish with a couple of African frogs. I've had pets my whole life, so I can't imagine being without. One of my favorite things in life has always been petting my cats--their soft fur and purring is so calming and relaxing. Pets provide companionship, and working pets provide even more than that. For instance, our cats help keep deadly snakes away, and our dog in his role as watchdog alerts us to anything unusual, and that definitely reduces stress. Caring for pets helps people to feel useful and needed, and we all need that. Our children learn responsibility by caring for the needs of our pets under our supervision. For me, pets are worth having and add to our enjoyment of life.

3. Do you wear any jewelry? If so, what do you wear? If you don't wear any, why not?

Yes, I always wear my wedding ring. I used to always wear a necklace that Husband gave me, but the chain broke. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to get it fixed or get a new chain and be able to wear it again. I prefer jewelry that can be worn all the time and doesn't need to be taken off, so just my wedding ring and a necklace is plenty for me, so I don't have to be concerned with possibly losing a piece of jewelry.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design